Saturday, October 23, 2010

Free Weezy! Free Weezy! Or not...

Let's be honest, does it really matter that Lil Wayne has been in jail for a couple of months? I Am Not A Human Being came out (WITH A MUSIC VIDEO) while he was in the slammer. Don't get me wrong, I like Weezy's music, even Rebirth. I'm also not saying he shouldn't be in jail. He broke the law, I'm glad he didn't get off Lindsay Lohan style. (I guess there's no rehab for gun addicts)

But honestly, he's still raking in the dough, his popularity has probably done nothing but increased during his stay in the prison. As my friend (who hates rap) said the other night when I told him that Wayne was in jail, "Well that's good, now when he raps about being a criminal, he won't be lying."

Very true.

The claim that he's not a human being may just be more accurate then it first appears. His popularity is astounding, catchy songs with ridiculous lyrics. (Let's see how many lines he can go ending in the same word)  But what really sets him apart from all the other rappers is... ah shit, I don't even know. But htat's the beauty of it really, he just does what he wants and we all love him for it (don't tell me people don't like him because the record sales prove otherwise.)

He's set to be released on November fourth, but I can't see that making much of a difference on anything.

At this point Wayne is like Tupac, in the fact that if he were to die tomorrow, Birdman (I suppose he'd be the guy) would have enough material to release Tha Carter IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX for the next fifteen years.

Even if you hate tha dude, you gotta respect his work ethic.

No comments:

Post a Comment