Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Elephant in the Room... Superbo- NO, EGYPT!

Okay okay okay okay.

I know my last blog was also about football, but that was nearly a month ago so it doesn't count. And this is a totally different topic. Last time we were talking about the crap people get away with in proffesional sports. Not this time though
Honest, it's different.
So if you don't currently reside underneath a rock, (which of course you don't! you're on the internet! . . . Unless your rock is conveniently close to a Starbucks, but now I'm just off topic) Anyway, if you have any connection to any form of media you've heard a lot about this whole superbowl thing. A whole freakin' lot about this superbowl thing.

What won't be remembered in the history books, for sure, is who won the superbowl this year.

Now, if you don't know, I reside in a little suburb 40 minutes away from Pittsburgh, so if you're not in this area (or in Green Bay I guess) imagine how much crap you're hearing about the "big game," and multiply it by sexillion. (Yeah, it's a number) 

Front Page of Today's Local Newspaper Website


This really gets me in the gizzard, while America is having a mini civil war of it's own over who will win a GAME that THEY'RE NOT INVOLVED IN, that HAPPENS EVERY YEAR.

For some reason, I get this sinking feeling that events worth hearing about just might be going down in other parts of the world. You know, countries where they don't have the luxury to pull billions of dollars out of their asses to pay to watch a select group of men tackle each other. But where?

Oh yeah, Egypt
I'm not going to run down what's going on, if you don't know 1. I don't like you and 2. read a news article, it's more reliable (hopefully)

Mubarak finally stepped down today, as if he really had a choice. There is currently no central leader and him and his son are out of the picture. The US has stepped in to do it's thang, and now change is underway. (Egypt get's things done a little faster than us, huh?) This is pretty important stuff here, Mubarak's been ruling for like thirty years. That's a long freakin time, seeing as Egypt hasn't even been out of british rule for a full 100 years.

You know what it reminds me of? A revolution that occurred in 1917, in Russia, it was kind of a big deal also

Look at that mustache, it's a pretty big deal.
And I'm not saying that Egypt is going to turn into a bunch of commies or anything like that, I mean simply it's gonna change, it's gonna be a big deal, and it's gonna be written down in history books in 75 years. What won't be remembered in the history books, for sure, is who won the superbowl this year. Whether the historic change is for the better or worse I think it's hard to say at this point, but if I hadn't reiterated this enough, I'm pretty sure it's a big deal, one way or the other. Again, I end disappointed in America for it's lack of . . . knowledge? Compassion? Hell, I don't even know.

I'm disappointed in this.
Maybe Lil Wayne should make a song about Red, White and Black . . . 
But I guess that wouldn't flow
Or be gangster enough . . . yo


No comments:

Post a Comment