Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nope! Not Dead Yet!

No, I don't have a clue what this is a picture of.

And the good news is that you're not either! I know because if you were, you wouldn't be reading this. Unless of course you're in hell and your eternal punishment is to read crappy blogs until you want to pull your eyes out...

Anyhow.

To most of us, this is the beginning of a bright new year, full of opportunity and excitment and a chance to better ourselves. This is the year, you'll get that promotion and I'll move out of my parents house. Everything's looking good.

Unless you're this dude.
'I dun goofed'














This is Mike Haywood. He was going to be head coach of the University of Pittsburgh's football team, or something. I dunno, sports has never been my cup of tea. But Mikey was arrested for domestic abuse a couple days ago and that didn't fly well with school officials. 

Now I don't know if colleges have higher standards than professional sports teams or coaches are just lower on the foodchain than the actual players but I feel this prompt  termination of Mikes position is uncharacteristic of the sports world. What with Pittsburgh's recent Steeler troubles and other bullshit around the NFL I expected Mike to get a good rapping on the knuckles and then sent back to the game.

Then again, they did just hire him, then again that also means they're now down a head coach. I suppose colleges haven't completely sold their souls like their professional counterparts. Have I mentioned that I don't like sports? That statement is a little to broad I guess. To rephrase, I hate the publics fascination and obsession with professional sports. 

THEY'RE BORING.
He's throwing it! I totally expected him to run.
I bet it will end with someone getting tackled.












Just the same thing over and over again. I understand enjoying playing the game, and obviously some people will like watching it, but how is the majority of the nation swept up in this BS? Give me a book or a movie, you know, something that makes a point to keep you entertained by not being the same thing for three hours straight. 

Yet people pay mucho money to watch these sports, making these sports very important to the community, making the people involved very important to the sports, giving them the status to murder dogs with their bare hands or go Rambo on their wives without serious consequences. And that, makes me very sad.

















Well at least Mike got what was coming to him, I guess college football coaches haven't reached OJ Simpson level quite yet. Hopefully the NFL (NBA, NHL, NRA oh wait) hopefully they'll learn from Pitt's example and keep (or create) some level of standards for the people involved.

1 comment:

  1. I hate how any person with a famous status can get away with anything they want. Cause either they pay their way out (lindsay lohan). or they get huge support from fans and even get money from them (james harrison ((although his wasn't all that bad))) or they only get more famous for doing wrong things and being punished (lil wayne).

    ReplyDelete